Who Are We?
Catalyst Balkans is a regional nonprofit that provides data, research, tech, and advice for other nonprofits and companies to do more good in their communities.
With our research on philanthropy in Serbia and throughout the Western Balkans, we are helping all actors – donors, recipients, beneficiaries, decision-makers, and citizens to understand the status and trends of philanthropic giving in their countries. This information helps to understand who gives, for which purposes, to whom and for whom, but it also can serve as support to evidence-based advocacy for a better legal and fiscal framework for giving. Catalyst’s philanthropy research is the most comprehensive source of information on giving in Western Balkans and is used by global actors and networks that report on philanthropic giving.
With our tools – Giving Balkans philanthropy insights app, CiviCatalyst community relationship management platform, Donacije.rs crowdfunding platform, and Neprofitne.rs, a nonprofit transparency platform – we help nonprofits and CSR departments make better decisions and have a greater social impact in their communities.
Now we are looking for a Philanthropy Analyst and Verification Assistant with both the skills and passion to join our team.
What Do We Offer?
- Immediate full-time employment with unlimited contract and full benefits.
- Private health insurance, after three months of probation period.
- Remuneration: 50.000 – 55.000 RSD net per month.
- You will be provided with a laptop and additional necessary equipment.
- Training, mentoring, and constant growth go without saying.
- Everyday work that makes an impact on others.
- A supportive, dynamic, and open working environment.
- We continue to work remotely during COVID-19. As the pandemic subsides, we will slowly reopen our downtown office near the Botanical Garden, but again – with the remote first policy.
What Are We Looking For?
- Education in Social Sciences – degree or undergraduate student.
- Extensive internet research skills.
- Data collecting.
- Analytical skills.
- Curiosity and ability to apply critical thinking.
- Demonstrated oral / written communication skills (both in English and Serbian).
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Excellent knowledge of English language.
- Accuracy, detail-oriented, ability to work on deadlines.
- Readiness to learn and develop.
- Ability to work independently as well as within the team.
- Previous experience in data entry.
- Familiarity with the nonprofit sector.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Internet research and gathering information on philanthropy from press clipping and other sources.
- Communication with stakeholders: email correspondence and telephone communication.
- Data entry and verification – based on the set methodology.
- Cooperation with other teams on various projects.
Want To Join Us?
If you are interested in this position, send your CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com. Your cover letter should explain why you are interested in working with Catalyst Balkans and what you believe you would bring to the team.
Please note that only complete applications, including CV and cover letter, will be taken into consideration.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an online interview (via a video call). Desired start date would be beginning of September 2021. Deadline for applications: August 24, 2021.