Who are we
Catalyst Balkans is a regional foundation based in Belgrade dedicated to developing and transforming philanthropy in the countries of the Western Balkans.
In times of crisis – such as pandemics, conflicts, and economic downturns – the need for solidarity, support, and giving is more paramount than ever. But we need to do it smarter, with data-driven and digital approaches.
Our mission is to help people and organizations work together to make a positive impact in their communities. That's why we're providing philanthropy data, resources, and know-how to donors and fundraisers and building an ecosystem of philanthropy tools, educational resources, and a community of change-makers.
Now we are looking for a Project Coordinator with the skills and passion for joining our team.
What are we looking for
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the nonprofit sector in positions related to project coordination, with a proven track record of delivering multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve project obstacles.
- Strong written and verbal communication and reporting skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with project stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 tools, such as Excel, Planner, and Project.
- Excellent knowledge of both English and Serbian language (English is our working language).
What will you be doing
- Manage the coordination and implementation of multiple regional and local projects within the foundation, ensuring timely and effective delivery.
- Follow project plans and schedules, track progress, and adjust as necessary to meet goals and deadlines.
- Maintain clear communication with project stakeholders, including project team members, management, partners, and donors.
- Ensure project documentation is complete, accurate, and up-to-date, including project plans, schedules, budgets, and status reports.
- Monitor project expenses, ensuring all costs are within established limits and aligned with project goals.
- Identify and mitigate project risks, proactively addressing issues as they arise.
- Attend and facilitate meetings and work closely with project teams and partners to identify and resolve project obstacles.
- Ensure project deliverables meet quality standards and are completed on time and within budget.
- Continuously evaluate project performance and recommend improvements to processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to ensure projects align with the foundation's overall strategy and objectives.
What do we offer
- Immediate full-time employment, a comprehensive benefits package, an open-ended contract, and a built-in four-month probationary period.
- Private health insurance coverage for employee, domestic partner/household member regardless of marital status, and children after probation.
- Remuneration: 75.000 – 95.000 RSD net per month, depending on experience level.
- Hybrid work model with the remote-first policy and a downtown office near the Botanical Garden.
- Flexible working hours but meetings and deadlines must be followed.
- Paid time off days for mental health.
- Provision of necessary equipment, such as laptops.
- Ongoing training, mentorship, and career development opportunities.
- Supportive and inclusive work environment.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and a cover letter in English through the Infostud portal no later than February 28, 2023. Your cover letter should explain why you are interested in working with Catalyst Balkans and what you believe you would bring to the team.
Only complete applications, including CV and cover letter, will be considered, and only short-listed candidates will be invited for an online interview.
Desired start date would be March 15, 2023.