Based in Sarajevo, BiH
To support the implementation of Catalyst Balkans BiH field-related activities and particularly in regard to USAID funded program "Improving the Legal Framework for Philanthropy". The goal of the project is broadening and strengthening the giving ecosystem in BiH by identifying priorities and advocating for changes in the legal environment for local philanthropy. The Project started in August 2020 and will last until August 2024. For more information about the Project, visit the following LINK.
Who Are We?
Catalyst Balkans is a regional nonprofit dedicated to building a sustainable philanthropic ecosystem in the countries of the Western Balkans. We believe that the best change is one that comes from within - that society and community can best be transformed and developed with sustainable and long-term results by the people who live and work there. Our mission is to enable local nonprofits to change the world more efficiently.
What Do We Offer?
• Remote position based in Sarajevo, BiH.
• Project-based immediate engagement under the contract until August 2024.
• Opportunity to learn and grow in the areas of applied research and advocacy.
• Opportunity to connect with people from different countries and acquire regional work experience.
• Everyday work that makes an impact on others.
• Work in your own home/workspace, within flexible work hours.
• Work hours: Part-time (depending on the project activities; up to 30 hours per week).
What Are We Looking for?
• Degree in Social Sciences, or equivalent work experience (at least 3 years).
• Experience in methodology development for both qualitative and quantitative research.
• Demonstrated desk research skills.
• Previous focus group moderation and facilitation experience.
• Excellent analytical skills and experience in analyzing data.
• Excellent report writing skills (in BHS and English).
• Computer competency including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel (incl. pivot tables, and related tables), and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work independently but within the Project that engages several partner organizations.
• Knowledge of the political and economic context in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
• Familiarity with the legal framework for giving and philanthropic ecosystem in BiH is not required but will be considered as an advantage.
• Assistance in methodology development and coordination of fieldwork aspects of the research activities.
• Support organization and the implementation of focus groups, including guidelines and preparation for/of facilitators, facilitating as needed, note taking and ensuring that all relevant research questions are covered, preparing minutes, and follow-up reporting.
• Preparing and delivering presentations and reports related to philanthropy in BIH.
• Research and data gathering to provide additional data on legal frameworks for giving in BIH, as needed.
• Research and data gathering on the current philanthropy environment and key actors.
• Assistance in preparing quarterly and annual reports on the project activities.
• Close cooperation with Belgrade-based Catalyst staff working on data analysis and research.
• Cooperation, communication, and exchange of information with the project partners.
• Provide support to regular philanthropy data gathering process, upon need.
• Participation in other research projects connected with philanthropy in BIH, as needed.
When considering whether to apply, please get familiar with the following:
• Legal Framework for Giving in BiH
• Perception of Stakeholders within the Philanthropy Ecosystem
• Giving BiH Database
Want to grow with us?
- Send your CV and motivation letter in English (telling us why you are interested in working with Catalyst Balkans and what you believe you would bring to the Project) to FAH@catalystbalkans.org using the subject line “Application for Research and Analytics Officer”.
- Please note that only complete applications, including a CV and motivation letter, will be considered.
- Deadline for applications: 18.12.2022.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an online interview.
Desired start date: 09.01.2023.
Catalyst Balkans is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or disability status.
Leave a comment