Catalyst Balkans is a regional nonprofit that provides data, research, tech, and advice for other nonprofits and companies to do more good in their communities.
With our research on philanthropy in Serbia and throughout the Western Balkans, donors, recipients, beneficiaries, decision-makers, and citizens are able to improve their understanding of the status of and trends in philanthropic giving in their countries. Information on giving increases knowledge on who is giving, for which purposes, to whom and for whom. It also serves as a support to evidence-based advocacy for a better legal and fiscal framework. Catalyst’s philanthropy research is the most comprehensive source of information on giving in Western Balkans and is used by global, regional, and national actors and networks that report on philanthropic giving.
With our tools – Giving Balkans philanthropy insights app, CiviCatalyst community relationship management platform, Donacije.rs crowdfunding platform, and Neprofitne.rs, a nonprofit transparency platform – we help nonprofits and CSR departments make better decisions and have a greater social impact in their communities.
Now we are looking for an Accounting and Compliance Coordinator with both the skills and passion to join our team.
What Do We Offer?
- Immediate full-time employment with unlimited contract and full benefits.
- Remuneration: 60,000 – 70,000 RSD net per month.
- Private health insurance, after three months of probation period.
- You will be provided with a laptop and additional necessary equipment.
- Our working hours are flexible, but meetings and deadlines must be respected.
- Training, mentoring, and constant growth go without saying.
- Everyday work that makes an impact on others.
- A supportive and open working environment (you were expecting a "dynamic work environment ", weren't you?).
- We continue to work remotely during COVID-19. As the pandemic subsides, we will slowly reopen our downtown office near the Botanical Garden, but again – with the remote first policy.
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a candidate with strong experience in accounting and bookkeeping, holding an independent accountant license, who will be able to independently work as an internal accountant. Financial reporting mentoring will be provided by Catalyst, but the basic knowledge of finance and budgeting is needed.
- Previous experience in accounting and bookkeeping.
- Independent accountant license. (mandatory)
- Education in finance, accounting preferred.
- Reliability and accountability, high ethical standards.
- Analytical skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Excellent knowledge of English language.
- Accuracy, detail-oriented, ability to work on deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as within the team.
- Familiarity with the nonprofit sector.
- Experience in working within QuickBooks software.
- Experience with organizational and project budget planning, tracking.
- Experience with reporting internally and to external donors.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Maintaining records of tax and other contributions declaration and payment records;
- Communication with the Tax Administration and the Pension and Disability Insurance Fund;
- Tax calculations for: salary payments to employees, under copyright agreements, employment contracts, additional work contracts, vocational training contracts;
- Preparation and booking of complete documentation;
- Registration and deregistration of employees through the CROSO portal;
- Preparation of documentation for audit control, scheduling and performing audits;
- Preparation, control and submission of the final account and the necessary documentation for APR;
Budget preparation and reporting
- Participation in the preparation and planning of the Catalyst's annual budget;
- Participation in budget preparation for projects;
- Preparation of various internal and external reports;
- Monitoring, analysis and reporting on funds spent for and individual donors according to funding programs;
- Preparation of reports and documentation for financial reporting to donors;
Accounting and administrative work
- Preparing Dinar and foreign currency payments according to incoming documents (in the country and abroad);
- Doing records and payment of fees and taxes and contributions for work contracts, copyright agreements;
- Doing records and payment of salaries and taxes and contributions for employees' salaries;
- Communication with the tax administration regarding PPO VAT forms;
Want To Join Us?
Send your CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com. Your cover letter should explain why you are interested in working with Catalyst Balkans and what you believe you would bring to the team.
Please note that only complete applications, including CV and cover letter, will be taken into consideration.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an online interview (via a video call). Desired start date would be December 1. Deadline for applications: November 11, 2021.